Tutors are responsible for working with children in grades 2-5. Each tutor will be allowed to select the grade level he/she would prefer. Our academic focus is literacy development. Tutors will also assist children in the following areas: homework completion and basic language arts skills. The RCLC tutoring program was established in an attempt to enhance the University's relationship with the South Bend community by providing relationship-building opportunities through education and community development.
- Tutors must be eligible for FEDERAL WORK STUDY. If you do not qualify for Federal Work Study, please consider tutoring with us as a volunteer or visit another job posting for the RCLC.
- Strong interest in education
- Energetic, positive attitude and a commitment to improving university-community relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with children and other staff members
- Able to tutor at least twice a week